KattClaws is now on Facebook! [http://www.facebook.com/myKattClaws]
Feel free to like & ask questions! :))
How to create this galaxy look:
1. Paint your nails black, dark blue or dark purple.
2. Grab a make up sponge and sponge on white over 3/4 of the nail. I typically start at the corners or sides and work my way towards the middle. Make it random! Go for oval shapes when you sponge.
3. Take your sponge and sponge on blue over 1/2 of the white you just sponged.
4. Take your sponge and sponge on purple/pink over the rest of the white showing. (sometimes I leave a little white)
5. Add a fine glitter polish over any of the nail where the base color is still showing. I used CND Sparking Effects
6. Add some random white dots, I prefer different sizes for a more depth look.
7. Top coat, and voila!
Tips & Tricks?
- Wait at least 2 minutes in between sponging each color. If the polish is too wet, you might end up denting the base coat and it’s impossible to fix nicely :(
- Experiment with colors. I’ve used yellows and greens and oranges.. all amazing!
- You can try drawing actual stars or maybe a planet!
-Patience! Practice makes perfect :)